Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Beatlescene "Magical Mystery Band"

I'm a musician myself, recording and producing my own CD's. You can find my latest CD on Itunes. (just search for "Joe Lynch Taking My Time" it's got a power pop and 80's feel to it) But I had forgotten I had done this years ago. About 8 years ago I took some home demos I had intentionally written in a Beatle style and put them together in one CD under a fake band name "Beatlescene". It was just a small amount of cd's that I had printed, very limited edition! They are all home demos so it's not full studio quality, but I was listening to them today and I may actually re-do some of them. I have already 're-done' "Mr. Wilson", it's on my "Taking My Time" CD. But anyway, if you're curious I've made it availabe here as a download.
Beatlescene Demos 2001

01 Magical Mystery Band
02 Pcychedelphia
03 Mr. Wilson
04 Cherry Hill Parade
05 Hello Forever
06 Molly And Andy
07 If I Could
08 Blackburn Lancashire
09 Halfway Home
10 Take Control (Of Your Head)
11 Hello Forever (Part 2)
12 The News (live)


2 comments:

  1. i hust found out your blog and i really enjoyed your work as Beatlescene. Welcome to my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! These weren't produced very well, they weren't intended for anything but to put down the ideas of the songs. I'll probably re-do these properly at some point. I already re-did "Mr. Wilson" for my last cd "taking my time". It's on itunes if you want to check it out. Just search for Joe Lynch "taking My Time".

    ReplyDelete

If you are an indie (or otherwise) powerpop artist and you would like your music reviewed on powerpopulation and potentially read by over 200,000 blog readers, then send an email for more info to knownote@gmail.com