Monday, June 18, 2012

REVIEW: Trolley "Things That Shine And Glow"


From the opening licks of "I Woke Up", you know you are in for a treat. If these songs were loaded into a time machine and transported back to the early/mid 60's, they would most likely dominate the garage/pop movement of that time.  

Highlights for me are "I Woke Up", "Til I'm Gone", "Out Of Love", and "She's The Kind Of Girl", just to name a few. 

If I absolutely HAD to pick some aspect I didn't care for, it would be minor. "I Can't Hide" was a song I kept waiting to build up, but it never did, it stayed the same throughout, so it was rather anti-climatic, and the harmony in "In The End" seemed a little odd in some places, but like I said, only minor details.

I highly recommend picking this up from the band, and tell 'em Powerpopulation sent you!!

Click HERE or on the photo to be taken to Trolley's Band Camp page for purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff!!! Sounds a little like Stiv Bators' solo stuff...or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete

If you are an indie (or otherwise) powerpop artist and you would like your music reviewed on powerpopulation and potentially read by over 200,000 blog readers, then send an email for more info to knownote@gmail.com